Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 79 - Finally, A Bit of Beauty

photo courtesy of:  http://harajuku.saiten-report.com/


Well most of you know that I have a pretty bad track record with hairdressers.  Hair being lit on fire, being blond for all of 20 minutes (thanks god their is no photographic evidence) and then returning form Amsterdam with a pretty decent mullet that I have been trying to grow out.

So with my first pay packet, I decided to splurge and get my hair done.  I was tempted by the 1000Yen hair salons around town, but given my track record and my total non-ability to speak the language beyond yummy and good, I think it was a better idea to splurge and I am so glad I did.

I finally feel like i have found a hairdresser I love and its a shame I am not staying so long.  He was amazing - His name is Keizo and he is from Sozo in Harajuku.  First I arrived and had a chat and then one of the girls put a treatment on my hair using a machine.  It was more like a steam iron that you see in clothing stores.  It was a small machine with a hose and brush on the end, she ran it through my hair and then got me set up for the color.  Glad wrap on my neck, towel, bigger towel , cape/coat, blanket for my knees and then, wait for it...shower caps for my ears.  So super Japanese cute!

Then color, and I enjoyed reading some trashy magazines in english and then hit the tub for a wash and head massage. Amazing. I almost feel asleep in the chair.  Then back to the chair and I got a neck and shoulder massage and I am a mess at the moment so it was a real treat.

Anyways, it makes me want to go back every week just for a wash and blow dry.

Nothing drastic with the style, just a trim and a bit darker. the color is good and the selling point for going to this salon is the fact they use Western style color.  Japanese haid dyes can be very rough on your hair because its a different texture, so this was winner.

Really if you need a trim, cut, color or just want a blow wave then go to keizo at sozo.  Thanks to Sophia (fashimi.com) and Eloise (catkinandteasel.com) for letting me know about this place. 

It's changed me.

1 comment:

  1. Finally a hair success story for you!!! and who'd have thought you'd have to go all the way to Tokyo to get it? Laughed my head off at the shower caps for ears.... gotta love the cute quirks!!!!

    ReplyDelete