Thursday, October 7, 2010

Day 24 - Working 9 till 5

Well, I am not really working 9 till 5, more like 4 till 11, but you get the sentiment that Dolly is making.  I am working everyday at the moment and yes, I start late in the day which gives me oodles of hours in the morning where I can go out and see Tokyo. That is, if I can be motivated enough to get going...Between the pub and teaching, that is pretty much my life at the moment although there are some things to look forward too, buying a bike (today), tokyo design week coming up, sensing nature exhibition which Lisa and Aiden told me about and pay day!! 

Plus teaching has picked up, I am getting more classes now and the students seem to like me (most of the time).  They have a rating system of 1-5 where the students rate your class.  Out of my 22 lessons that I have taught so far, I have received 11 evaluations.  I was disappointed when I got a 2, but on the bright side I have got six 5's, three 4's and one 3.  So I suppose I have to be happy with the ratio that 9 students out of 11 are happy/more than happy with their classes.

After teaching last night I also got home to discover a one-off job proposal.  About two weeks ago when I was applying for every job in sight, I emailed about the possibility of being a 'Taste-tester' for a new hamburger.  We had to answer questions about what types of burgers we like and from which shop etc...  Anyways, I had totally forgotten about it, but then had an email yesterday saying that I had been selected! So for two hours in a couple of saturdays I will become part of a team to test a new burger, getting paid $125 to do it!  Super curious about which company it is for, but something different to try anyways....

Look at:  My friend Eloise that I met at teacher training has a blog.  She is a fashion designer from sydney and take beautiful photos, check out her blog at:


No comments:

Post a Comment